House of Representatives: State Totals  
Queensland   (Post Election Results) Refresh results Print page
Enrolled : 2,319,481
First Preference Votes Counted : 95.42%
Go to Senate results for Queensland
Party Code Votes % Swing (%)
LP 767,959 36.46 +5.60
NP 192,451 9.14 -0.86
ALP 730,920 34.70 -1.40
DEM 90,684 4.31 +0.29
GRN 73,465 3.49 +1.11
HAN 148,930 7.07 -7.28
CTA 0 0.00 -0.56
OTH 101,846 4.84 +3.10
FORMAL 2,106,255 95.17 -1.50
INFORMAL 106,976 4.83 +1.50
TOTAL 2,213,231    

TPP Counted : 92.16%
Party This Election Last Election Swing (%)
ALP 919,867   ( 45.30%) 46.95% -1.65%
Coalition 1,110,905   ( 54.70%) 53.05% +1.65%

?  What this screen is about ...
  • This screen shows the progressive results in terms of the number of votes and the percentage of the vote currently won by each of the major parties for a particular State or Territory.
Refresh results Print page
  1. The two or three letter Party Code in the above list is NOT the registered abbreviation of the party. These codes are a unique identifier that are required in the AEC's election management system. Whilst it is true that the code does, in some cases, resemble the party abbreviation, this is not always the case. Click here for a full list of party names and corresponding codes.
  2. In examining House of Representative TCP figures particularly early in the count, some fluctuations may be experienced. This is because the TCP figure represents a projected result based on the percentage figure obtained in the 1998 federal election. This anomaly is effectively removed at around 15% of the TCP count.
  3. The percentage of votes counted is calculated against the total enrolment figure. On election night, all ordinary ballot papers cast at polling places on election day (approximately 80% of the total vote) are counted and the results entered. The remaining 20% of votes (including pre-poll, postal, absent and provisional votes) cannot be counted until after polling day.
  4. These results are not final and may be subject to minor adjustment.